While working on the family room, I inadvertently set a living room makeover into motion. You know how that is.
It all started when I moved the orange Pop chair from the living room into the family room. That left me room by the windows for a little sitting area by the piano. I picture guests sitting and sipping cocktails while someone tickles the ivories – someone other than me, that is since my 10+ years of piano lessons were apparently completely pointless.
By moving these two chairs, I cleared a space for two new armchairs that are currently at the upholsterer. (Wait until you see these! I’m so excited, I don’t know what to do with myself.) I also like that there will now be two sitting areas.
I also replaced the mirror over the chest with this sketch because I think the proportions work better. It’s an artist proof of the Place de la Concorde, which is one of my favorite parts of Paris, so of course I couldn’t resist. I found it at an antique mall last year.
I’m also going to change up the art on the other wall. To make room, the painting that was there has gone up to the master bedroom:
This space needs some more work too. And so it goes….. just another weekend at FTRB!
(Photos: FROM THE RIGHT BANK)
Share the post "A Little Living Room Makeover in Progress"
What? You mean you don’t have a flower cutting room? When I went on that house tour in January, one of the houses actually had one and I remember joking that one day, I was going to have one of those. Well ha ha, the joke’s on me because I may end up with one (or at least a niche).
You see, we have this weird, random sink in our kitchen/eat-in/family room space that’s perplexed me since the day we moved in:
Now I know what you’re going to say. It’s a wet bar. That’s exactly what it should be but that logic goes out the window since we already have one of those around the corner. (It’s still waiting to be wallpapered by the way.) So it sat there being useless for the longest time until I started just using it to fill up and wash the dogs’ bowls. I also stored all their stuff in the cabinet so it became sort of a dog station. (I hung that lantern there temporarily just to try it out so please just ignore it.)
Then lately as I’m on a plant kick, I’ve been using it as a plant watering station and that got me thinking. It’s sort of been collecting vases and planters on it so I thought I might as well put in some shelves and store all my vessels there. I could paint or wallpaper it while I’m at it and install a pretty light.
So what would you do with this space? Can someone comes up with a better idea? Please?
(Photos via Pinterest as linked except 2,4.FROM THE RIGHT BANK)
Share the post "A Flower Cutting Room (Or Niche)?"
It still needs more work but this is where I currently am with the family room.
1. There will of course be some Josef Frank in the room – in the form of pillows.
2. I recently found two armchairs similar to these that will be reupholstered in dark blue. Most likely velvet.
3. Thank you, Sandy, for finding the exact sofa I was looking for! I can’t remember a time when a reader or I had a question about something that another reader couldn’t answer. You all are the best, I tell you!
4. This isn’t exactly the same table but remember I said I was going to makeover my coffee table? It’s probably going to go brass like this.
5. Lastly, I ordered this rug from rugsusa.com like a million years ago and it’s been on backorder ever since. At this point, I don’t know if I’ll ever get it. (It’s not even on their site anymore.) As you know, a Beni Ouarain rug is one of the items on my Ultimate Wish List but I wasn’t going to splurge for one as long as I had muddy paws in the house. Well, as much as I wanted to hold out for the real deal, when I saw this really good look alike that got great reviews with a price tag that makes it okay for the dogs to be dogs on, I couldn’t resist. I’ll let you know if it ever shows up!
Have a good weekend, everyone!
Share the post "New Family Room Plan In Progress"
I have been having the best luck shopping lately! This is just the tip of the iceberg as far as my recent finds. No shopping for me this weekend though. The credit card needs a break and so do I! Have a great weekend, everyone and I’ll see you Monday!
Share the post "This Week’s Tweaks | 2"
Remember when I said that this year I wanted to post more of my decorating process? Well, I meant it. And I’m starting with a new series, This Week’s Tweaks, with all the little steps, the nitty gritty and the tweaks that I’m constantly making around the house. Here’s the first post in the series. I hope you enjoy it!
So this is pretty typical of all the tweaking that goes on at FTRB HQ in any given week. I think it’ll be fun for me to document and you can see just how crazy I really am.
It looks like it’s going to be a working weekend – breaking down the showhouse, picking up some new purchases for the shop and organizing/decorating the FTRB office with that new sofa! I also need to get ready for a trip to Chicago next week. Brrrrrrrrr! What have you got planned?
(Photos: FROM THE RIGHT BANK)
Share the post "This Week’s Tweaks"