Goodbye, Gray Kitchen + A Possible (Temporary) Lighting Option

heatherawilsonarchitect

Spring break is over and it’s back to reality. And that reality currently looks like this at my house…..

IMG_8872

YIKES.

I’ve loved our gray kitchen but as I mentioned in this post, I’ve been dying to lighten things up on that side of the house and….. I’m actually doing it! As you can see, the painters are here. It’s in the process of going all white! #soexciting

warmdecor

I’m still on the hunt for the perfect lights for the island and I’m considering just plain paper lanterns if the search takes much longer. You know I’m a big fan of paper lanterns.  Don’t all of these look so fresh and light? I’m really into these dotted ones:

pinterest

I’m also thinking those white sconces by the sink need a glossy coat of orange lacquer…..

and that a brass faucet like this would do nicely…..

pinterest2

If you know the source of this one or have seen something like it, please share in the comments.

So basically, this mini-makeover (which is how I described it to my husband) may not be so mini after all…. Oops.

P. S. I’ve been transitioning to a new feed service so I apologize for any broken links, etc. you may have experienced in your readers the past week. And if you subscribe to FTRB by email, please excuse any weird messages you may have been getting. I hope everything has been sorted out now and will proceed smoothly going forward. Thanks for your patience!

(Photos: 1.Heather A Wilson Architect 2.via Warm Decor 3.via Pinterest 4.via Pinterest – missing the link, sorry.)

19 comments on “Goodbye, Gray Kitchen + A Possible (Temporary) Lighting Option”

1. Alexandra says:

Very nice idea the white option! For the faucet, you should look at this link http://www.fromtherightbank.com/2014/04/goodbye-gray-kitchen-a-possible-temporary-lighting-option/#comments. The company is German but I guess they have a sales netwotk in the U.S.

1. I think you pasted the wrong link – could you try again? Thanks!

1. Oh, wow, that is so pretty. Thanks so much for sharing. I’ll see what I can find out about availability.

2. Kat says:

With respect to the faucets, one option I saw recently on Amber Interiors is to have regular faucets plated in brass! I think it’s genius. See here: http://amberinteriordesign.com/project-cupcakes/

1. Thanks for sharing. I’m off to have a look…..

3. We’re loving all the white & brass inspiration, Ally! What a perfect spring mini-project 😉

4. Lily says:

So exciting! can’t wait to see how it turns out!

x Lily

5. ally, will you go white on the walls AND cabinets? I am struggling with what to do with my kitchen cabinetry….thanks! donna

1. Yes! The walls are staying white as is and the cabinets will be the same. It’s almost done as I type this! 🙂

1. I can’t wait to see – so fresh sounding. you have given me inspiration.

as far as the paper lanterns, I love those, too. I have three cool shapes from ikea that I have had forever – I want to group them together somewhere… I know you mentioned those as a temporary option, but they look so great – they could be long term, you know….

donna

1. True and it certainly would be less expensive and guilt-free! Are you going all white too?

6. “glossy coat of orange lacquer” bring it!

7. Loving the brass idea. Definitely do it!

8. Ashley says:

Bright white will add such a lightness, especially since your wallpapered wet bar has such an impact. Your instincts to use white paper lanterns is spot-on, too. Great idea, Ally.

9. sherry hart says:

I can hardly wait to see it:)

10. LC says:

The Delta 9159-CZ-DST Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet, Champagne Bronze is similar to that brass fixture you posted. Its not quite brass, but it may be better on your wallet.

1. Wow, this is such a great find! I think it may be the one! Thanks so much for sharing, I really appreciate it!

Comments are closed.