IMG_1886

Remember this sideboard that was in the dining room in our last house? Since we were gifted the dining room furniture we’re currently using, the poor thing has just been floating around this house without a purpose. I had been wanting to try it out in the foyer for a while and this weekend, we hauled it in there.

That, of course, meant the entire space ended up getting a little makeover.

I brought out the good old zebra rug (also in our last dining room), a chair from this dining room and some accessories I already had.

I love seeing all these souvenirs from different trips when I pass through here…..

….. vase from Peru, metal roses from Argentina, miniature Indian painting, sketch from Italy and gold candle from Brazil.

If you’re wondering where the Chinoiserie chairs went, they’ve gone up to a guest room. Things are happening there too. Updates to come…..

(Photos: FROM THE RIGHT BANK)

Lyndsey

Love it! Where are those fabulous coral looking sculptures/vases from? And that zebra rug? Looks fabulous!!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK

Thanks! I blogged about both before so I didn’t mention it but the vases were from Gump’s and the rug was a gift from my parents. They actually bought it on a trip to Vancouver a long time ago.

Michele Burke

I am also curious about those white vases. I saw a pair years ago in Neiman Marcus in Dallas. I didn’t get them at the time and have desired them ever since. Never seen them again, til now.
Where did you find them??

Heather in Arles

Happy New Year Ally! :) As much as I ADORE the chinoiserie chairs (and I doooo), I have to say I love how the foyer is looking now. Your eye is just getting more and more precise…it is fun to see…and learn from!

Hope that you have many adventures ahead this year,
Bisous,
Heather

Julieta

Hi…!!! I just love the gold flowers from Argentina. By any chance do you remember where did you get them (the name of the store?) I’m from Argentina and I’d love to get similar flowers for my house. Thank you!! I love your blog!!!

FROM THE RIGHT BANK

Hi there, thank you! I got them from a guy at the weekend market at Plaza Francia in Buenos Aires. I think it’s the Feria de Recoleta? Let me know if you find them! :)