Style Off the Beaten Path in Morocco

I didn’t have a single free minute this past weekend so I only just read the Sunday New York Times and in T Magazine there was a great feature about Taroudant, an off the beaten track Moroccan town at the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, where a group of expats have created some beautiful homes. These are shots from several different homes.

I also recently watched the episode of Parts Unknown where Anthony Bourdain went to Tangiers and it’s all making me want to go back to Morocco! (By the way, have you seen the show yet? I think it may be his best yet.)

(Photos by Simon Watson/New York Times)

9 comments on “Style Off the Beaten Path in Morocco”

1. Ceci says:

Completely DREAMY!! So beautiful!

2. Staci @ My Friend Staci says:

I was going through some photos I took when I went to Morocco for my study abroad last week, and seeing these is just the icing on the cake for my longing to revisit. What an amazing an one-of-a-kind city! I can’t wait to return.

3. Samantha says:

Gorgeous places. Parts Unknown – saw one episode on Colombia. Thought “I should like this” but ended up getting bored. Go figure.

1. Give it another chance because that episode probably wasn’t the best. I’m really enjoying it.

2. Darrell says:

Bored…. are you insane?

4. Søs says:

Hey.. Could you please Tell me Where in Morocco those pictures are taken 🙂

5. Laurie Gabriel says:

Hi Ally , great pictures! I’m going to Tangier – can you tell me where the two pool pictures are taken?

6. John Kerr says:

I just love the similarities of Mexican and Morrocan architecture and colors. I realize the influence in Mexico came from Spain and hence Morocco but it seems to be more prevalent in Mexico than Spain. I especially love the turquoise tiles. Outstanding.

1. I do as well and I love seeing those kinds of connections. Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts!

Comments are closed.