This post is a long time coming. Of all the requests for posts, the one I’ve been asked for the most is a roundup of my must-have and/or favorite design books. Well, the list is very long so I’m going to divide it up into a few parts and I’ll start with what I consider the classics. For the most part, these are the books I have owned the longest and refer to over and over. That’s just my term for this group so feel free to add any in the comments that are classics to you too.
1. Albert Hadley: The Story of America’s Preeminent Interior Designer
2. Jacques Grange: Interiors
3. Billy Baldwin: The Great American Decorator
4. The Way Home: Reflections on American Beauty
5. Alex Vervoordt: Timeless Interiors
6. Maison Christian Liaigre
7. Houses in My Heart: Carleton Varney: An International Decorator’s Colorful Journey
8. Jacques Garcia: Decorating in the French Style
9. Alberto Pinto: Classics
More Design Library Essentials will follow soon!