Hi, friends, happy 2013! Don’t you just love the clean slate a new year offers?
Along with the fresh start, I’m really happy and grateful to be celebrating FTRB’s four-year anniversary today. As this milestone was approaching, I started thinking a lot about why I do what I do. Four years is a long time – especially in web years – and I thought it was a good time to take stock of things to make sure the blog continues to reflect who and where I am currently.
The short answer to why I’m here everyday is I love sharing my passion. It’s funny to look back at some of my old posts and see 30, 40 or even 50 comments on one post! That has been slowing down and nowadays some posts don’t get any comments at all. I know some bloggers find that sort of thing discouraging but I get it. I myself can’t find time to comment on blogs anymore and a lot people/blogs have come and gone from those early days of blogging and been replaced by an explosion of new blogs which I can’t and don’t even try to keep up with anymore. I admit I do miss the comments, mainly because it told me a little about who you are but it’s enough for me that people are reading and I can see from my stats that FTRB’s readership continues to grow.
Not a lot has changed for me since January 2009….. other than that little move across the country! I’m still all about global modern style, French and Scandinavian everything, good art (art walls!), not-so-serious decorating and creating truly personal spaces. There have been a few little things that have shifted for me which leads me to some goals for FTRB (and me personally) for 2013.
- I want to be more fearless in my decor and use my house to try out ideas that may be too daring elsewhere. This should make for some interesting posts, don’t you think? I also want to post more of the process at the risk of you thinking I’m a total nutcase. For every reveal you see, there are usually a dozen variations that led up to it that I don’t post.
- I plan on paying more attention to living la belle vie this year and writing more frequent posts for the series. I love my big adventures to faraway places and they will continue but we spend most of our waking hours on everyday events and routines and I want to really focus on making those as enjoyable and lovely as possible.
- I’ll put my new Photoshop skills to use to enhance existing features and to create new ones, including more moodboards for my projects.
- All of the above will result in a lot more original content.
- A few things I’ve already done are to re-organize the categories and tags, update the About page and make a few tweaks that I think make the blog read and look better.
You’d think after four years, I’d have run out of things to say but actually it’s the opposite. I’m bursting with ideas and can’t get them down fast enough. So I look forward to another year of blogging and hanging out with all of you here in my little corner of the web. Thank you so much for joining me everyday and for your support and friendship. It means the world to me.
Good god, this was a long post! Here’s to 2013 and to year five!
(Photo: FROM THE RIGHT BANK. Taken while flying somewhere over the U.S.)