Last week I found this cute little side table at a local antique mall which I almost didn’t buy because when I picked it up I saw that the marble top was not attached to the legs.
The holes in the base made me think it needed to be screwed to the top and there was no way I was going to attempt to drill into marble! But after about a minute I realized that would be crazy and there must be another way. So I bought it, stopped by Home Depot, looked at a whole array of adhesives and ended up getting this:
“Bonds: wood, stone, metal, ceramics, foam, glass & more!” it said. You have to dampen the surfaces then spread it on and apply pressure for an hour or two. (I just put some heavy jugs on it and left it overnight.) It worked great!
Here it is in the living room. You may notice there is nothing across from it. That’s because the settee has finally gone to the upholsterer! It should be back next week. I can’t wait to see it!
(Photos: FROM THE RIGHT BANK)