Since tomorrow is the end of the first quarter of the new year (can you believe it?) I thought it might be a good time to check in with my Decorating To Do List for 2012.
- Get all the art lying around framed and hung.
- Finish* the family room –
find a side table, find a basket/bin for firewood, maybe get a console. (Decided I didn’t need console or side table.)
- Finish* the master bedroom –
reupholster the settee, refinish the coffee table, finish hanging art, find light for entry. (Changed the sofa and coffee table.)
- Finish* master bath –
find new shades for sconces, get new rug(s), find towel rack, hang art.
- Reorganize closet – install rack for scarves and hooks for bags, organize jewelry, hang art.
- Finish* guest room #1 – finish art wall,
find better night stands.
- Finish* guest room #2 –
get blinds, hang art.
- Finish* office – hang art and organize.
- Rearrange art studio and organize all art supplies.
- Do something with the laundry room – possibly wallpaper.
I’m also adding a couple of things:
- Redo entry – reupholster Napoleon settee, find rug.
- New rug for the family room?
- Make a decision on the settee in the living room!
So I’m not as far along as I’d like to be but at least there’s been some progress.
All this is going to have to take a backseat though because I’m starting on a really exciting new project in Chicago! (Chicago always makes me think of Ferris. “Bueller? Bueller?”) I’m flying up there first thing tomorrow morning to see the house and get the ball rolling. So I’m signing off early here for the weekend and will be back next week with details and hopefully some pictures. In the meantime, if you have home shopping recommendations for Chicago, please leave them in the comments. We’re shopping for everything!
Thanks and see you all back here on Monday!