Remember when I used to keep monthly lists of things I wanted to do around the house? With all the traveling I just couldn’t keep up so I stopped but I miss them. I’m one of those people who always has a ton of lists: errands to run, things to look up later,Â restaurants to try,Â things to pack, etc. I have lists in my calendar, in my journals, on post-it’s and on scraps of paper all over the place. I love making them because they make me feel so much more organized and I also love the satisfaction of crossing items off.
I did a lot of organizing over the weekend and of course I made a bunch of lists and a lot of it had to do with the house.Â I wanted to be realistic since I already haveÂ a lot of traveling on the books for 2012 soÂ I decided to make one big list for the year and see how that goes. Â I’m sure the list will get amended throughout the year but here are the main things I’d like to get done this year.
- Get all the art lying around framed and hung.
- Finish* the family room – find a side table, find a basket/bin for firewood, maybe get a console.
- Finish* the master bedroom – reupholster the settee, refinish the coffee table, finish hanging art, find light for entry.
- Finish* master bath – find new shades for sconces, get new rug(s), find towel rack, hang art.
- Reorganize closet – install rack for scarves and hooks for bags, organize jewelry, hang art.
- Finish* guest room #1 -finish art wall, find better night stands.
- Finish* guest room #2 – get blinds, hang art.
- Finish* office – hang art and organize.
- Rearrange art studio and organize all art supplies.
- Do something with the laundry room – possibly wallpaper.
Oh my god, could this list be any longer? Writing it all down I realize it’s almost the entire house. What have I been doing with my time?? Well, at least the living room, dining room and kitchen are done! Â So, what are your decorating plans for this year?
*By now, you all know by “finsh” I mean just get it to the point where I’m happy with it. There will always be tweaking down the road.
(Photo: Elle Decor)