When I saw this room in the current issue of Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles, it reminded me I had other rooms in my files with the Hbc blanket.

These highly prized, heirloom quality blankets were traded in Canada and the US during the 18th century and 19th century by the Hudson’s Bay Company (hence the name Hbc). I think they still look amazing today.

I especially love it in this room because it is so unexpected:

How great is this entire room? I wish I had guts to paint a whole room lavender!

Have a great weekend, everyone! As we’re celebrating Memorial Day here in the US on Monday, I’ll see you all Tuesday…..

(Photos: 1.Atlanta Homes 2&3.Pinterest 4.Marie Claire Maison)

quintessence

Hudson Bay blankets are classics!! I grew up with them and we also had them in other colorways although this is the original and most recognizable. I still have 2 in a pinky rose with a tone on tone stripe!

Heather

I love the HBC coats–there is a great photo of Audrey Hepburn in one somewhere. One of these blankets would be amazing to have and something to keep forever. Of course it doesn’t surprise me in the least that Stacey at Quintessence not only has them but in pink!

callie grayson

I love the lavender room! perfect with that blanket.
I own a Hudson Bay Company Coat which is red and I love it, so very warm!! when it is below zero, I don’t even bat an eye!! I am warm and toasty!!
xx
callie

Dayna

I couldn’t agree more! The design is timeless and brings back memories for so many of us. I really want the cream one with the black and brown stripe for my bedroom….just waiting for it to go on sale (which rarely happens!)

designchic

Love the Hudson blankets…especially love the last image with the wonderful built in bed. Hope your having a great holiday weekend!

Matt

What a fantastic mixture of new and old! The designs are minimal and also “chaotic”, really nice :)

Karena

Adore this blanket from HBC and its design, a classic for sure!!

A New very Exciting Giveaway from Tracy Porter will start on the 1st!

xoxo