In the Mood for Moody Interiors

With summer just about here, I should be all about bright, white and airy right now but instead, these moody interiors are what are speaking to me.

What about you? What kind of mood are you in these days?

These are all from the portfolio of the talented photographer Tobias Harvey.

1. Gosh, these interiors are heartbreakingly beautiful, especially the first interiors. The painted lady could be the American cousin of our painted Lady.

Greetings from Paris!

2. Jacqueline says:

These are pre-decay. Just add one hundred years of nothing and they become the beautiful decay pictures you posted previously. This is a place you could visit, but you couldn’t live there. It would suck you in emotionally. Only visit when it is sunny, the rain and the damp would do you in.

3. Heather says:

WOI is “World of Interiors” (a wonderful resource!) and I remember strongly the lightbox in the fourth photo from that very magazine. It is in my “favorites” image file.

Ally, you are killing me here. Truly. I have been really trying hard to get into a mega Zen mind frame for the new apartment–all Belgian, all the time! But it isn’t who we are. Sigh. I see myself very, very happy in ALL of these interiors. I think I am still going to try to lighten up and you can make fun of me if you want!

• Ally says:

Oh Heather, I struggle with that on a daily basis. I love the clean Belgian style but I also have these maximalist tendencies. That’s why my house is in a constant state of change…..

4. Cattie says:

Dreadful! As depressing as old Dutch paintings. All I want once the warm weather arrives are light colored rooms without windows and doors, just curtains flowing in the breeze from the nearby ocean. And a nice big porch from which to watch that ocean with a glass of wine. :-)

• Ally says:

To each his own. I don’t find Dutch paintings depressing in the least. In fact, they’re one of my greatest sources of inspiration.

5. Cattie says:

I can certainly appreciate the artistry and skill that went into them (old Dutch paintings) but I wouldn’t want them on my walls. Rembrandt’s sketches on the other hand… love them!