After talking about window treatments for almost a year, I thought you might like to see what we finally got. Ta-da:

It’s probably very anticlimactic after all that talk but I could not be happier. They’re white linen with blackout lining and I got the same ones for the bathroom and one of the guest rooms.

This is the sitting area of the master bedroom and it’s where I go to read (which these days is never). I’m really happy with how the space is coming together working just with what I have. The sofa was a hand-me-down from my parents. I had intended to paint and reupholster it but once it was in place, I actually liked how the dark wood and cream worked with the gray and white in the room. So it’s staying as is. The cushions are all old ones from my stash. I just need to get a side table.

Once I find one and get art up on the walls, I’ll show you the rest of the room . . .

(Photos: From the Right Bank)

Celeste

These are stunning! You will be so glad you spent the extra money and went for blackout lining. Blinds are something that I hate to spend money on, but they often make the biggest difference in the room.

Libby

What a difference window treatments can make! Our new plantation shutters arrive in a few weeks and I can’t wait!!
Yes, what gray did you use? I’m about to go with BM Pale Oak for the living room…

Ally

Rene and Libby: The paint is Benjamin Moore Bunny Gray. It looks gray in the morning, but slightly light blue in the afternoon.

Tonia

I love the shades. I currently have 2″ wht faux wood and planning to go to a roller shade. I’m tired of dusting.

jess@birdhouse

Looks great! I’m so jealous of all the natural light that floods your master bedroom. I have 2 tiny windows and in the middle of winter in NE, I never want to get up in the morning.

Jessica @ 24 Corners

Hi Ally! Your visit was a nice surprise…so happy you stopped by!

I know what a huge decision window treatments are…so Congratulations, they look great! We’re still living in a fishbowl five months after moving into our new house. Still not sure which direction to go…Anthro has some curtains that are appealing to me (as well as wallpaper!). Luckily, we live on a very wooded plot of land (a Seattle bonus).
Can’t wait to see the rest of your room.
xo J~

Ann

They look perfect – simple so they don’t detract at all from your lovely windows… worth all the deliberating! Ann x

Marie

I love your settee! I can’t wait to see what you master bedroom looks like after you’re done. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.
-marie

manvi @ mochatini

they look great. thumbs up for blackout lining..and your reading nook looks so cute.
The reading nook in my mbr is lacking a comfy settee like this one. cant wait to see which you you go with the reupholstering.

Space by Eliana Tomas

Very nice Ally. The first pic brings so much serenity. Love the shade of grey (to me looks blue) you’ve chosen for the walls together with the sun light is really pretty. Right blinds in my opinion.

Mary Ann Pickett

How funny! I just did the same thing in our master bedroom–same colors, too. Great minds… I am still considering linen drapes,too…when I can fit it into the budget.

Ally

escapade: I’m sooooo jetlagged – walking around like a zombie over here!

Ann: Thanks for saying that. It makes me feel so much better (and less like a crazy person)!

Mary Ann: Great minds is right! Linen drapes are next! :)

Thanks for all the nice feedback, everyone!

Devon

Ally, it looks fantastic! Simple and classic. That reading area is enviable. A glass of wine and a good book–I might never leave.

alissa

They look fantastic! Were they custom? I am trying to do simple white blackout shades for a client, but not spend too much money!

Ally

Alissa: Yes, they were custom made. I think it’s worth the investment if you can fit it in their budget somehow.