I May Have a New Wallpaper Project On My Hands

I have been in love with Schumacher’s “Views of Paris” wallpaper forever. And I mean forever. There are the sentimental reasons plus I’ve always loved drawings – particularly, architectural drawings. The other day I saw it up on a wall in the showroom and I nearly died. It. Looked. So. Good.  I came home with a sample, along with samples of some of my longtime favorite patterns:

They are Cole & Son’s “Cow Parsley,” Fornasetti’s “Mediterranean,” Hicks’ Hexagon and Schumacher’s “New York, New York” (another city that has special meaning to me).

After I got them home, I started walking around to see if there was any space left that I could wallpaper and I think I’ve found the perfect spot for the “Views of Paris.”

This is the butler’s pantry/wet bar. As you can see, it’s a pretty narrow space and I think that’s why it would look good here. I think the pattern could get overwhelming in a larger room.

A couple of pics so you can see the scale.

What do you think? Should I go for it?

1. Therese Long says:

I think you’ve found the perfect spot and should definitely go for it! It will probably become one of your favorite little spaces in your home.
    Can’t wait to see how it turns out!!

2. Tonia says:

I love wallpaper, but it’s a project that I am afraid to tackle. It’s going to be fabulous when you get it up on the wall I’m sure. I can’t wait to see.

3. First of all, YES! Loves it. And I don’t think it’d be too overwhelming floor to ceiling even on the other wall, if you got brave and decided to go big. It’s just so fun to look at.

Second of all, thanks sharing Schumacher with us. I looked at their site and they have so many amazing wall coverings available. Beyond inspiring.

4. Susan says:

absolutely! I love the look of pen and ink drawings…my choice is the Greek cityscape…but I’m crazy about Greece!….love your blog…joined,… so I’ll be back……

5. Claire says:

Do it! I have brought that sample home before with absolutely ZERO place to use it just to have it in my momentary possession. Lame, but sort of like putting lust items in a virtual cart, it is the next best to buying. Do it, do it, do it!

6. Devon says:

Yes, yes, you should definitely do it. I think that wallpaper would look great and spicen up the room. Can you please DIY and let me know how it goes? Because I’ve got a roll of wallpaper for my powder room sitting here and I’m terrified to start the DIY for fear of screwing it all up!!

7. Meg says:

New follower, coming over from my gal
    Therese @la

Loving your blog and I say what ar you waiting for, it is gonna be fabulous!

Love for you to visit me sometime!
    1funkywoman.bloodspot.com

Megan

8. Yes, you should go for it. Love it too.
    Instead of filling the whole wall, I would first centre a big square on it and glue the wall paper, as if you create a white frame (wall) and the pattern in the centre (sorry, not quite sure if you know what i mean). If you don’t like you can always finish the whole wall. I can send you a sketch with you want :)

9. Amy says:

Ooh yes, do it! I’ve been thinking of using that same Paris paper for the inside of my little bedroom closet. Decadent I know, but it seems like the perfect place.