Hi, everyone, I’m back! What a fantastic trip! Once I get organized, I’ll share a few photos with you but for now, let’s start the week off with this bit of amazingness:

insideout

I have a massive postcard collection that I started decades ago and I’ve always wanted to cover a wall with them like wallpaper. I think this is the best example I’ve found yet. Isn’t it incredible? Or does it give you a headache? I wouldn’t do it in the living room or anything but maybe somewhere small like the office area in the kitchen or the laundry room. I’m also lusting after the Chesterfield. I’ve had a thing for Chesterfields for a very long time.

I’m looking forward to catching up with all of you but before I go I’d like to say a big thank you to all my fabulous guest bloggers. It was great to have you here! Thank you!

(Photo: InsideOut)

Erika@BluLabel Bunga

Welcome back Ally! Great idea for the postcard wall. I think it's cool considering the fact you are an avid traveler. It's just another way to truly personalize your space and gives visitors a greater perspective of who lives there. Can't wait to see what you decide!
.-= Erika@BluLabel Bungalow´s last post ..SPECIAL GUEST- COUTURE CARRIE =-.

Lumo

That postcard wall is fabulous. If you will have similar, it definitely will be a source for many conversations and further ideas.

Charlotta

Welcome back! Hope you are well and feel relaxed and ready to take on Autumn!

This post card wall is amazing. I saw it once over at Monika's and love it!

A chesterfield would be heaven. A nicely worn vintage one in deep cognac leather.. Yum!

xx Charlotta
.-= Charlotta´s last post ..Changeing season and GIVE-AWAY =-.

Janell Beals

Wow…at first I only saw the top of the image and thought it was a message board, then saw it is a whole wall?! Amazing, love the texture and colors, very dramatic! Janell
.-= Janell Beals´s last post ..Stencil Happiness! =-.

RosMar Couture

I think that the postcards are a great idea for a smaller room. In this pic I would have much rathered a chesterfield in a more viberant color like a red. The current color makes it drown in the postcards.
.-= RosMar Couture´s last post ..Martini Monday =-.

erin@designcrisis

Welcome home! I love the postcard wall idea, but I feel like it needs a finished edge to feel more chic than crazy chaotic. Maybe just nail mitered molding that would slightly overlap your collection? It would feel like a giant frame.
.-= erin@designcrisis´s last post ..I’m Kinda Sorta Back =-.

Piper

Welcome back! :) And I say yes and yes!! love both the wall and the sofa…i've had my eye on the chesterfield style one at restoration hardware…if only it would go on super sale! :)
.-= Piper´s last post ..shake it up – the scoop =-.

Ally

Thanks for the welcome back, all! I've missed you all too.

Shannon: Damn. Dust. I hadn't thought of that. Hmmm . . .

erin: Something to reign it all in is a good idea. I could see the whole thing getting totally out of control very easily. :)

Space by Eliana Tomas

Gorgeous wall, and it happens to have my favourite sofa design. great colour too.
Since I’m a kid I have this habit to have images pinned/glued on my walls. Funny enough I posted about it yesterday.
Welcome back Ally.
.-= Space by Eliana Tomas´s last post ..Inspired By Dreams =-.

kate salenfriend

why the heck not?! do a living room wall in your decades old collection and when you tire of looking at it, when there's too much dust, down it goes! so what?!

"Boldness in expression and formidable living!" -auntie Mame

and I couldn't agree more!

Kate
.-= kate salenfriend´s last post ..not unlike his music =-.

pam robinson

hope you had a great summer! it seems as though we were all scattered about this summer and settling in for fall seems really cozy… connecting again… hope you are well sweet friend. xx

Cristina

Welcome back :) A whole wall of postcards gives me a headache (and I don’t even want to think about dust…) but I like the idea of a smaller size for the office, or the kitchen, or anywhere else you like. I do collages of my favourite holiday snaps on photoshop, then have them printed and framed – it’s a lovely way to remember happy memories.
.-= Cristina´s last post ..A calming retreat by the sea =-.