anindiansummer

I mentioned last week that along with yellow and blue, I wanted a bit of pink in my office. This is kind of what I’m envisioning:

dti2

My office is in one corner of the house on the second floor so it has windows on two sides. There is one big blank wall, which I plan to use as a giant inspiration wall like so:

melanieacevedo

On the other free wall, I’m going to be hanging a bunch of my own photography – I think all in white frames. And this leaves a little wall space on the third wall for some other artwork. I don’t normally buy prints but this print spoke right to my nomadic heart. And with that pink and yellow palette, it fits right in with my color scheme. I ordered it last weekend and can’t wait to get it. [I can’t remember on whose blog I first saw this print although I do remember leaving a comment;  if it was your blog, please let me know so I can thank you!]

Picture 63Picture 60il_430xN.145449500
Picture 59Picture 58Picture 57

I also had hubby take down the ugly ceiling light in there last weekend. I (well, he) will be replacing it with the yellow Tord Boontje Midsummer Light that I’ve had for months. It’s actually yellow and green but I’m planning on just using the yellow part. The backdrop for everything will be black and white: black sideboard from our old dining room, the white Kartell Glossy table from the kitchen and two white Panton chairs.

Blue, yellow, with a little pink . . .

dti

I love it when a plan comes together! Have a great weekend, everyone!

(Photos: 1.via An Indian Summer 2&4.via Desire to Inspire 3.Melanie Acevedo)

A Perfect Gray

Ally, thanks for taking us along during the planning stages. I will envy your inspiration wall! I adore that 'Toros en Sevilla' poster in the first image so much. I have friends who just got back from Sevilla, with tall tales of the bullfights, and I immediately sent that image to them. I loved it so much I researched two more Toros posters from recent years. So very cool…
.-= A Perfect Gray´s last post ..glammed out gray =-.

Jessie

I have seen that "inspiration wall" photo before! Love it!!! I still have not bought a Panton Chair! I really need one. Can't wait to see the end result! I am sure it will be lovely! Great Ideas!
.-= Jessie´s last post ..*Picking out an Apartment* =-.

Daniella

Oh my gosh, I was just looking at those prints yesterday! They are sooo beautiful. I think i'm going to order "Slow Down"

Ally

erin: That photo is from a hotel so I don't know where they got it but I've seen bullfight posters online. Maybe search under toro or bullfight?

Janell: It's coming. :)

Helena

thec olor combination will look amazing, cant wait to see it! and oh to have a giant inspiration board, how lucky!
.-= Helena´s last post ..Manuel Mota =-.

Piper

Your office is going to look so beautiful and cheerful – love that color combination. (and btw…I adore that print, I just love her work!!) And now you pretty much have me obsessed with the Tord Boontje Midsummer Light – I didn't know there was one in yellow!! Can't wait to see the finished office!
.-= Piper´s last post ..{shake it up – week 23} =-.

Camila

Love, love where you are going with us. I'm finding myself slightly obsessed with adding touches of pink to all of my rooms.

Hope you have a great weekend!

barbara@hodge:podge

Can't wait to see how it is put together. I am a black and white fan and love your mix of vintage with modern, just up my alley. I love the photo with the bowl of globes – love the mini globes, do you know where it is from?

Ally

barbara: Sorry, I don't know where the globes are from but I have seen a lot of globes lately in antique shops . . .

Lise M.

Wooohaaaaaaaaa, love your ideas. I'm also in the preparation of creating my home office. See ww.urbanstylevibes.com for more updates.

XO

Lise M.
.-= Lise M.´s last post ..Party preparations =-.

Kelly@ColorSizzle

Hi Ally,

Just had the pleasure of reading your interview over at Splendid Willow. I love your style and I see you also appreciate color. Yay!

Like you, I recently had the opportunity to design my home office and I used three different colors on the walls and ceiling. I love it! It's nice when you can take a room and make it an expression of who you are.

BTW, thanks for visiting Color Sizzle!

Kelly
.-= Kelly@ColorSizzle´s last post ..Color Inspiration from LEGO =-.