Bye Bye Boob Light & a Sneak Peek of the Office

I bought this Tord Boontje Midsummer Light a million years ago but never installed it anywhere. When we moved into this house, I knew that my office would be the perfect place for it because this is the light fixture that was in there:

Tommy, the sidekick on Sarah’s House, calls these “boob lights” and I think that’s dead on.

The weird thing is the Tord Boontje light was supposed to come with a cord but it didn’t and I couldn’t be bothered to do anything about it. It also came with a plastic cone/cover which got misplaced during the move. So I had to improvise.

So, I got this pendant at Ikea:

and had dear, sweet hubby install it. I then draped the yellow part of the light over the pendant. (The light is green and yellow but I only wanted the yellow.) And here is how it turned out:

I think it adds a nice color and texture to the room.

There’s still more to do in my office but I think it’s time for a peek.

We brought in the table that used to be in the eat-in area of the kitchen. My plan was/is to use blue or yellow chairs but for now, I paired it with the two Pantons. They make the room a lot more white than planned but I’m kind of liking that (when do I not like white?) so we’ll see about the other chairs. There’s still art to hang and the inspiration wall to finish so stay tuned for more.

1. Jade says:

I will never be able to look at a ceiling light again without thinking about boobs! Thanks! You definitely upgraded with the new pendant!

2. Sara K. says:

Can you please tell me where the pink and blue pillow are from? I love the pattern and the color is beautfiul!

3. Ally says:

Thanks for the nice feeback, guys!

Deb: Go back and get it!!!

Jade: I was the same way when I heard Tommy say that!

Sara: The blue pillow was from Crate & Barrel a year or two ago. I got the pink one a really long time ago at a local store in New York. (Sorry that's not that helpful!)

4. Charlotta says:

Aah that is the perfect name for the old lamp..and that is what I will call them from now on.

Love your improvisation. Clever girl!

The lamp and the office look great. You know I love a white room like this – it's a Swedish thang..! :)

I think you should keep the Pantons and add colour through the art & flowers.

xx Charlotta

P.S. Like your new copyright sign-off. If that doesn't tell those ba…rds to keep their mittens off your posts..!
    .-= Charlotta´s last post ..Right Royal Celebration in more ways than one.. =-.

5. Rachel says:

LOL!! I always thought they looked like boobs too! We have a couple in our house too, and that's how I've referred to them before (and then my husband always looks at me kind of weirdly..)
    .-= Rachel´s last post ..Patterned Carpets =-.

6. Lauren says:

Haha!! I took out what we have coined the "Nipple Lamps" too! They're so gross and my apartment had THREE of them!! I installed other lighting fixtures in replace of my nipples, but I didn't think of the Tord Boontje light, which I also have a version of given to me by my lovely boyfriend. The light looks great though! Love the pop of color at the ceiling and I'm sure it adds a great amount of warmth when the light is turned on.