emmas2

The last thing I need is another sofa but every time I see an English rolled arm sofa, I stop in my tracks. (Like on the cover of the book from yesterday’s post.)  I first posted about these lovelies here and here are some more from my collection.

dti3 domino

I’m sure you’ve all seen Sofia’s place:

domino

and yes, here’s Jenna Lyons’ living room again. But it’s from a different angle!

livingetc

Good, right? By the way, did anyone see her on Oprah a while back? I don’t know what I was expecting exactly and she was cool but she was different from what I expected. What about you?

(Photos: 1.via Emmas Designblogg 2.via Desire to Inspire 3.Livingetc. 4.Domino)

melissa

They are classic and beautiful – but I have two, upholstered in a slightly brick-y red wool from osborne & little. They looked great in my last house (classic english country house, wood panelling, sisal flooring, big rooms) but I'm now looking at them for my new house (1920s house closer to town – think victorian-height ceilings, but herringbone parquet flooring and smaller rooms) and have no idea what to do with them.

It's the red I think. And the wool. I want the new place to have a more contemporary look. Should I reupholster? They are only 3 years old! But I'm stuck on what paint and rugs…

Anyway if anyone has any good ideas I'd be longing to hear! Thanks

Ally

melissa: Red wool sounds divine! I would keep it as is and switch up the artwork and accessories if you want to make the space more modern. How great that you have two of them!

Space by Eliana Toma

Rolled arm sofas is a classic. And classics are a must, indeed.

Do you remember that brand called KA Americano? I honestly don't know if they still exist, but I remember they were masters in rolled arm sofas fully covered in bold patterns with beautiful wooden + wheels feet (like your very first pic)

Julie

I felt the same way about J. Lyons – not at all what I was expecting. I think it was because she was so humble – low key. It threw me!

I do not need another sofa, either, but those are dreamy. I do have a pair of rolled arm chairs about to come in, though.
.-= Julie´s last post ..Every Dog Has Its Day =-.

melissa

Oh thank you ally! The thought of recovering them doesn't appeal – partly because I'm naturally frugal and partly because I do still like the wool. I think you are right – accessories and art is the way to do it. I think I'm going to paint the walls farrow & ball "elephant's breath" because who can resist that name, right?!!

Great blog, I've been lurking for some months now, late at night when the kids and husband are in bed usually – my thinking and inspiration-gathering time!

Ally

Eliana: Thanks for the links!

Julie: I think that was it. She was so laid back!

melissa: Thank you for the kind words. And yes, "elephant's breath" sounds LOVELY!

Candace Rose

Thanks for posting Sofia Coppola's space, I'd forgotten how much it inspired me! I love Jenna Lyon's too, I dream of having a home as stunning as hers!

She was awesome on Oprah, so inspiring!!!

Piper

So classic and beautiful – especially in white! Although I'm usually more drawn to modern pieces…I love mixing styles…makes it more interesting. Love J. Lyons place – too cool! (missed her on Oprah…bummer!)
.-= Piper´s last post ..{australian house + garden} =-.

Lindsey Lou!

I think I could maybe do a white sofa if it were in leather, because grape juice might not stain leather as easily….other than that. I'd definitely love one of these classically beautiful sofas.
.-= Lindsey Lou!´s last post ..Roundup: Chesterfield Sofas =-.

Dagny @ Scandinavian

It's beautiful!! I'm totally loving mine, but we're getting rid of it to buy a corner sofa – sooo chic right?? (Not – but family friendly, I'm hoping to have it custom made with some blueish turquoise velvet)

Have a fabulous Thursday!

xoxo

dagny
.-= Dagny @ Scandinavian Chic´s last post ..The Cupcake Challenge – part III =-.