Hi everyone! A big thank you to Ally for inviting me to be a guest blogger â€“ I enjoy visiting From the Right Bank and am happy to be a part of the fun! Ally had asked me to blog about a recent favorite design trendâ€¦there are so many amazing things going on in the design world right now, it was hard to choose just one. But I decided to go with one of my favorite design trends, which is wallpaper. While this trend isnâ€™t exactly new, it has definitely made a comeback in new and exciting ways. As a designer, I feel that wallpaper is one of the easiest (and relatively inexpensive) ways to dramatically change the look and feel of a room. Not only can it instantly refresh a space, it can also be used in many ways other than just on the wall. With more and more of us seeking DIY projects to make the most of what we already have, wallpaper just might be the answer! Iâ€™ve rounded up a variety of ideas that will hopefully inspire you in one way or another. Thank you for allowing me to share! XO â€“ Julie
1) Create unique backing plates for a pair of sconces simply by cutting out a shape from wallpaper
2) A striped paper really makes this room pop
3) Spruce up an old piece of furniture by painting it and applying strips of wallpaper to the drawer fronts
4) Make a statement by papering just one wall in a bright, bold pattern
5) Why not continue the wallpaper on to the ceiling for a dramatic effect?!
6) Paper a the front of a doorâ€¦perhaps the one leading into your closet or bathroom?
7) The subtle toile wallpaper in this space makes a nice backdrop for the bold mix of pattern and color in the flooring, furniture and lamps
8) Try wallpapering just your fireplace for added pattern and style
9) The geometric pattern of this paper is what makes this dining room amazingâ€¦take it away and it just wouldnâ€™t be the same!
10) Frame out a panel of wallpaper with some moulding and trim with colorful ribbon. This also works for a headboard alternative in your bedroom.