Inspiration for the New House

Picture 68

Wherever I travel, I love to check out the local design scene and to see what the trends and styles in a particular city or area are. During our road trip, I picked up D Magazine in Dallas and I fell head over heels for the featured house.

Picture 69

Picture 74

I just love the soft palette.

Picture 78

Picture 79

And I’d love to try a mural like this somewhere in my new house:

Picture 82

It could be a good alternative to my de Gournay dream!

Picture 81

Picture 80

And last but not least, how gorgeous are these vignettes:

Picture 71

We have 3 built-ins in (what will hopefully be) our new house and I can’t wait to get my hands on them.

This house is a pretty far departure from my current house but it just spoke to me on so many levels. I’m sure it’s because I have my new Southern house on the brain. And I haven’t even moved in yet! Can you imagine what’s going to happen when I do?!

(Photos: D Magazine)

28 comments on “Inspiration for the New House”

1. mise says:

For me, this has quite a French vibe, so I can see why it appeals to it. At first glance it's a modern clean look, but the soft colours and the lived-in look are a nod to country style. I love it – the perfect balance between clutter and a sense of home, and with such elegant touches in the detail and the curves of the furniture. I think it's a great start for inspiring your new house.
    .-= mise´s last post ..with my compliments =-.

2. Oh I love this! It is very "southern" in that it feels full and comfy (why I associate that with southern, I'm not sure). I can't wait to see what you do with the new place!

xo
    .-= Crystal @ Plush Palate´s last post ..Eye on Style: Lili Diallo =-.

3. Donna says:

Cannot wait to see more…so exciting!!!
    .-= Donna´s last post ..Totally random item… =-.

4. Raina says:

Do you have that buzzy sound on your brain?

That's how I was just before we closed, imagining all of the possibilities ahead of me.

You're going to have a ball!
    .-= Raina´s last post ..Favorites from the new Elle Decor =-.

5. i am sure i speak for everyone when i say- goddamnit woman get your ass in that new house of yours and show us the pictures of it already!!!! if you do ANY of the above in there you will most likely hear the moans of a collective orgasm eminating from the universe of design bloggers.
    .-= my favorite and my best´s last post ..jesus franklin =-.

6. K-Line says:

I find it so interesting that this is totally different from the "west coast" vibe, but still in keeping with your love of white. Can't wait to see the version of this in your new home.
    .-= K-Line´s last post ..Other People Love Xmas! =-.

7. LaurelStreet says:

That house is a knockout – there is so much to love here. I'm excited for you – a brand new place. How fun!

P.S. I have that same De Gournay dream *sigh*
    .-= LaurelStreet´s last post ..The Black Apartment (really, really black!) =-.

8. Piper says:

Your inspiration photos have such soft yet clean lines. And the pops of color against a neutral background draw me in. I love the use of color on the curtains. I want to curl up in the living room with all the windows!!

9. Jessie says:

Wow, I'm so surprised that I love this too! There's something so Southern about the lush- and comfiness, but nothing else screams 'Deep South' to me. And that's why it's perfect! All of those mirrors combined with the soft color palette is definitely inspiration-worthy. You never fail to amaze me with your keen eye!
    .-= Jessie´s last post ..Color Me Pretty =-.

10. Daniella says:

Wow… so pretty! I love the bedroom. The soft palette is just perfect.

11. Jesse says:

I am in love with this home! And have been in love with D mag for some time now! You are going to love the south girl! I am so excited for you Congrats! Love the new banner too!
    .-= Jesse´s last post ..We Have a Winner… =-.

12. OMgosh Ally! What a stunning home! I mean, just look at that living room with the gray sofa and chairs. I need to move too – so I can start designing all over again! Miss you! OX Monika

13. Janell Beals says:

I like your new banner, makes sense you'd need one! The children's room in your post is fabulous, the wall mural…I need to do this somewhere!!

Janell

14. i may not have a child but i do want a mural JUST LIKE that one.
    .-= Down and Out Chic´s last post ..Holiday Inspiration, Part 2 =-.

15. Therese Long says:

Wow, this home is wonderful! I can see it will provide you with loads of inspiration for your new home!!!
    .-= Therese Long´s last post ..My Christmas Den =-.

16. That bathroom is giving me the shivers it is so AMAZING.
    .-= erin@designcrisis´s last post ..Magic Makeover =-.

17. Averill says:

Gorgeous! The colors are a bit soft for me but I love it — why doesn't Houston design mags feature gorgeous houses like this?! Houston design seems to be all about faux-Tuscan right now (ick).
    .-= Averill´s last post ..Holiday Round-Up: 2010 Calendars =-.

18. Ally says:

Raina: Totally! It keeps me up at night!

favorite and best: From your mouth to the real estate gods' ears!

19. Lauren says:

oh i'm just SO excited for you!!! i CANNOT WAIT to see what you do!

this house is amazing & i'm bookmarking!!! just LOVE it.

xoxoxo
    .-= Lauren´s last post ..The Blanket Lady! (That's me) =-.

20. desiree says:

I also love to check out the scene in other places and getting inspiration from magazines. I can't get enough of them!
    .-= desiree´s last post ..Invasion of the reindeers =-.

21. jess says:

I can't wait to see what you do with your new place. I love southern homes and combined with your style, I'm just waiting to save your photos in my inspiration files!

22. So much to talk about. #1 I love your new name and look! #2 I am in love with the contrast between the purple curtains and the green in the chairs and #3 I am also in love with that wallpaper.
    .-= Jessica at Lavender & Lilies´s last post ..I Won! =-.

23. Elisa says:

Wow!! That is amazing, I love the decor, elegant but not over-the-top, and it doesn't look like a place where no one lives – I hate it when a place looks so put together it looks like a model home more than a real home!

Love the mural, too – would definitely like a mural in our place, eventually.

Can't wait to see your new place!
    .-= Elisa´s last post ..Outfit of the week: let it snow, I’m still going out =-.

24. What a beautiful house! LOVE the color palette, and those dining room chairs?? Swoon! Can't belive you missed out on the tin-tof giveaway!! We may have a new one after Christmas though 🙂
    .-= Dagny @ Beautiful Living´s last post ..Christmas at Beautiful Living and a table makeover / Jul hos Beautiful Living =-.

25. tiina says:

yes Ally, it is quite easy to imagine what happens.. 🙂

lovely homes, i love mirrors!
    .-= tiina´s last post ..7 days =-.

26. I recall buying my first place…it was so exciting…I was at Home depot every other day buying new things to add to my home.

Love the post! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Jen Ramos

'Cards & Prints You'll Love…'

<a href="http://www.madebygirl.com” target=”_blank”>www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com
    .-= jennifer ramos´s last post ..Charlie Smith… Interior Stylist & more…. =-.

27. Bromeliad says:

ooo, yeah. Digging the grey. And the mirroredy things.

Comments are closed.