sohaute

I really can’t complain about my closet situation. I have a dressing area in addition to a walk-in closet (that I co-opted all for myself) and an armoire. What more can a girl ask for?

Well, for one thing, shelves. Lots and lots of shelves for shoes and bags like so:

purseforum

And a little wallpaper. There’s just something about wallpaper and dressing rooms that go together.

Getting back to the shelves . . . I’d like an entire wall of shelves with extra room for fashion books, accessories and some pretty displays.

dti

And finally, what do I want in every room? A chandelier, pretty rug and chair, of course. So there, you have it. My idea of a dream closet. I think this is going to have to be one of my projects in the near future. What does your dream closet look like?

Have a great weekend, everybody. See you Monday!

(Photos: 1.via So Haute 2.via Purse Blog 3.via Desire to Inspire)

mise @ pretty far we

Dressing rooms are such sanctuaries, aren't they? There's a hidden door to mine, which adds to that feeling of protected peace. But, looking at your photos, it's clear to me that I need shelves. Lots of them. And it's under the eaves so I can't have a chandelier. Sigh, so many barriers to fabulousness.
.-= mise @ pretty far west´s last post ..warm arrivistes =-.

Jennifer

Oh, me too Alek. I would die for a place to have all my shoes on display so I can grab and go. I am a shoe box girl and have to label all the boxes and make sure they face the right way so I can see (or know) what is in each box. That's the trouble with us centipedes.
.-= Jennifer´s last post ..Berry Nice =-.

Donna

I love wallpaper in closets…for some reason it makes it feel so much more "organized", although I know that's not the case! Love all these pics!!! Beautiful, happy weekend!
.-= Donna´s last post ..Just a little note…. =-.

my favorite and my b

as much as i am sure a closet a la mariah carey would please me immensely (although i would never be able to fill it appropriately) i am a little more at ease with a smaller closet like the second photo.
.-= my favorite and my best´s last post ..for my ladies =-.

Meg

LOVE This post! I'm closet obsessed too! I'd love to wallpaper mine too, it seems a little extravagant but worth it totally. Mine is teeny tiny, but it is walk in, just barely! I love those Ikea closet systems too, they have those drawers with all the little tiny compartments for jewelry…so organized!

Jenna

You pretty much summed up my dream closet. Open and closed shelving and lots of it. seating, fabulous chandelier and rug! Roll out jewelry drawers- this is KEY. I pretty much want an entire room to get fabulous in day in and day out. ONE DAY it will be mine :)

xoxox
.-= Jenna´s last post ..Designer Vicente Wolf {Home Tour} =-.

Greet

I also love to have a closet with a lot of shelves for my handbags (addicted) and shoes!

And a large mirror! And an Italian settee at the window!! Wouw I see it in front of me (in my dreams)!

Have a nice weekend dreaming about your dressing!

Greet
.-= Greet´s last post ..My first blog award =-.

camila

Ah all of those images make me totally jealous! My closet is teeny tiny. So so small. It barely fits my clothes and my poor husband needs to have all his clothes in the guest room!

Hope you have a good weekend!

Rachel

Shelves, shelves and more shelves. A beautifully ornate chair to put my shoes on. Wallpaper that will brighten my day and get me motivated. Drawers for jewelry. And of course a floor mirror. Ahhh.. one day!
.-= Rachel´s last post ..Nicole Richie =-.

ALEK

Jennifer: Centipedes! 😀

camila: My husband's clothes have been banished to the guest room too!

Averill

I don't understand why closets don't come with more shelves to begin with — most folks don't have nearly as much to hang as they do to fold/store/display. But I guess that's a lot pricier for a builder than just sticking up some bars….
.-= Averill´s last post ..A Haunting Light =-.

Sarah Klassen/Haute

Love it! I'm dying to try some wallpaper, too :) I can't decide between a bold, fun pattern, or a soft, subtle one. I was thinking a linen-look would be nice, but am still indecisive. Love this post!

Wendy Sice

Oh, yeah, this is what I definitely need, lots of little shoe spaces. And it will happen, it will!!! By the way, thanks for dropping in and following my blog! Wendy xx

Charlie

I saw Mariah Carey's closet (it's more like a 1 bdrm apt) in Instyle mag and I fell in love. I would change it up a bit but the layout is a dream! My closets today are sad, sad, sad:-( Cannot wait fro our renovation to be completed and I can enjoy a proper closet! It's been 3 loong years.
.-= Charlie´s last post ..Tikau, Bee Mine…. =-.